- Giving and receiving books is exposing your heart Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler
- What does Philip Pullman say about writing fiction? Daemon Voices Philip Pullman
- Does this book need an index? The Man in the Red Coat Julian Barnes
- Is the clockwork octopus the most endearing character in The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley?
- A book that is more than the sum of its parts? On the Marsh Simon Barnes
Cherrie Taylor on Why should we buy some books f… lifelonglearner on Silent sentences and exit… cleo hollywood on Silent sentences and exit…
Tag Archives: assessment for learning
FORMATIVE Assessment – always!
The only assessment that should be accepted as summative is an obituary. And if it’s not about you there’s still scope for learning. So how have I tried to help students put this philosophy into practice, when it comes to … Continue reading
Posted in education Tagged assessment for learning, collaboration, education, exam technique, formative assessment Leave a comment
Collaboration within a class, and between classes, using Lino and Smartboard
I have been experimenting with lino, a free web based tool for creating and sharing notice boards. You can create an account at (linoit.com) or there is an app, but going through a browser avoids the scrolling advert. I thought … Continue reading
Posted in education Tagged assessment for learning, collaboration, education, lino, smartboard Leave a comment