- Giving and receiving books is exposing your heart Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler
- What does Philip Pullman say about writing fiction? Daemon Voices Philip Pullman
- Does this book need an index? The Man in the Red Coat Julian Barnes
- Is the clockwork octopus the most endearing character in The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley?
- A book that is more than the sum of its parts? On the Marsh Simon Barnes
Cherrie Taylor on Why should we buy some books f… lifelonglearner on Silent sentences and exit… cleo hollywood on Silent sentences and exit…
Tag Archives: bird
After I’d spent a few days inside Winona’s head I wondered how To Kill a Mocking-Bird would stand up to a re-reading. The links and differences between A Thousand Moons and To Kill a Mocking-Bird jumped out at me as I wondered what to read to follow Sebastian Barry’s work. What did I find different in the experience of re-reading To Kill a Mocking-Bird, written in the 1950s by a woman from Alabama, and that of reading A Thousand Moons written in the 2020s by an Irishman? Continue reading