- Close-up or long view? The Commissario Brunetti Novels Donna Leon
- The persistence of images The Darkest Evening Ann Cleeves
- Is there a good reason to (re-)read this book? Peter Abelard by Helen Waddell
- What makes a character engaging? A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale
- What will I find re-reading To Kill a Mocking-Bird immediately after reading A Thousand Moons?
lifelonglearner on Silent sentences and exit… cleo hollywood on Silent sentences and exit…
Tag Archives: Dolphin
Some crime writers write as if evil is omnipresent and lurks below the most innocuous surface, everyone is capable of crime, and nearly everyone has a secret in their past that they would commit a crime to conceal. Others write as if they feel the world is fundamentally okay, people of goodwill are in the majority, crimes are unusual and happen as an outcome of unusual circumstances Continue reading