- Giving and receiving books is exposing your heart Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler
- What does Philip Pullman say about writing fiction? Daemon Voices Philip Pullman
- Does this book need an index? The Man in the Red Coat Julian Barnes
- Is the clockwork octopus the most endearing character in The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley?
- A book that is more than the sum of its parts? On the Marsh Simon Barnes
Cherrie Taylor on Why should we buy some books f… lifelonglearner on Silent sentences and exit… cleo hollywood on Silent sentences and exit…
Tag Archives: feedback
An ethic of excellence, Stoner – and Showbie!
This spring I have read two very different books that I’ve found inspiring and affirming. The second book was ‘Stoner’ by John Edward Williams. I’d seen it eulogised by Julian Barnes at Christmas, but it took recommendations by colleagues to get … Continue reading
Posted in education Tagged Ethic of Excellence, feedback, re-draft, redraft, Ron Berger, Showbie, Stoner, williams Leave a comment