- Close-up or long view? The Commissario Brunetti Novels Donna Leon
- The persistence of images The Darkest Evening Ann Cleeves
- Is there a good reason to (re-)read this book? Peter Abelard by Helen Waddell
- What makes a character engaging? A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale
- What will I find re-reading To Kill a Mocking-Bird immediately after reading A Thousand Moons?
lifelonglearner on Silent sentences and exit… cleo hollywood on Silent sentences and exit…
Tag Archives: Harper
After I’d spent a few days inside Winona’s head I wondered how To Kill a Mocking-Bird would stand up to a re-reading. The links and differences between A Thousand Moons and To Kill a Mocking-Bird jumped out at me as I wondered what to read to follow Sebastian Barry’s work. What did I find different in the experience of re-reading To Kill a Mocking-Bird, written in the 1950s by a woman from Alabama, and that of reading A Thousand Moons written in the 2020s by an Irishman? Continue reading