- Giving and receiving books is exposing your heart Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler
- What does Philip Pullman say about writing fiction? Daemon Voices Philip Pullman
- Does this book need an index? The Man in the Red Coat Julian Barnes
- Is the clockwork octopus the most endearing character in The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley?
- A book that is more than the sum of its parts? On the Marsh Simon Barnes
Cherrie Taylor on Why should we buy some books f… lifelonglearner on Silent sentences and exit… cleo hollywood on Silent sentences and exit…
Tag Archives: Thakeham
Spring walk, North of Thakeham
This walk has beautiful views over rolling countryside, and the chance to visit two interesting Sussex churches. We start at the car park by Thakeham village hall, and use the track and footpath to skirt the building site that will … Continue reading
Posted in walks Tagged church, Thakeham, walk, West Sussex Leave a comment
A slippery walk through muddy lanes and footpaths as a wet winter turns into a soggy spring.
Starting from Thakeham Village Hall we can appreciate the size and scale of the building site that is turning the old mushroom farm into housing. The area is protected by tall security fencing. Inside the barrier huge, powerful machinery terraforms … Continue reading
Posted in walks Tagged superstition, Thakeham, walk, West Chiltington, West Sussex Leave a comment