- Giving and receiving books is exposing your heart Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler
- What does Philip Pullman say about writing fiction? Daemon Voices Philip Pullman
- Does this book need an index? The Man in the Red Coat Julian Barnes
- Is the clockwork octopus the most endearing character in The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley?
- A book that is more than the sum of its parts? On the Marsh Simon Barnes
Cherrie Taylor on Why should we buy some books f… lifelonglearner on Silent sentences and exit… cleo hollywood on Silent sentences and exit…
Monthly Archives: September 2017
Avoiding gluttony in an Autumn glut
Ironic that successful crops bring such mixed emotions. Through summer and autumn I rejoice and enjoy raspberries, salads, courgettes and beans, and more beans, and more beans (how many recipes do you know for beans?). And apples, so many … Continue reading
Posted in cookery Tagged autumn, blue cheese, garden, grape, recipe, rosemary, shortbread Leave a comment
Cabbages or Butterflies?
Into the vegetable garden for a cabbage to make spicy cabbage and rice. And yee-uch! My beautiful row of savoys is no more. I’ve been gloating over them for weeks, perfect tight globes securely swelling inside dark green, wavy edged, … Continue reading